Help with BIND for NT.

Kevin Truong kevint at uci.edu
Wed Jan 26 07:01:41 UTC 2000

I have been trying to setup a DNS server for a domain (let's just say
domain.com for simplicity).  I tried DNS service that came along with NT
with no luck, so I switched to BIND and have no luck either.  Basically, I
want to setup a webserver and mail server that the outside could access
via www.domain.com and receive mail at user at domain.com.  I tried nslookup
from outside to my DNS server (dns.domain.com) and it will see it.  When I
do a whois lookup to domain.com, it will list dns.domain.com as one of the
domain servers.  But when I try accessing www.domain.com, it said it
couldn't resolve the name.  The webserver and the DNS server resides on
the same machine, and if I type in the IP address, I will be able to
access the website.  Any ideas what might be wrong?  or clues, hint, links
to any info on how to do this?  TIA.

Kevin