Primary domain with misspellings

Dan Stetser dan at slider.net
Thu Jan 27 10:05:16 UTC 2000

At 01:13 AM 1/27/00 +0000, you wrote:
>I have a primary domain and several misspellings that we have purchased. Can
>I have all of the misspellings point to the same zone file on the primary
>dns server?
>
>can my named.conf file look like this?

1st time I've jumped in, but think I can answer this one.

I host http://www.lasikchat.com/
and http://www.lasiktalk.com/
They both point to the same thing.
You use the webserver to point both domains to the same directory, not BIND.
Assuming Apache, in the virtual domain setup.

I believe you'd setup a seperate .db file for each domain you've
registered, as they will contain different domain names, but
the same ip address. Hope this made sense and I'm somewhere
on track.

-
PGP Key ID: 0xBCB6D4C7
Dan Stetser		dan at panworld.net