DNS and VLAN´s

stefan.wiederoder at lidl-schwarz.de stefan.wiederoder at lidl-schwarz.de
Thu Jan 27 16:03:43 UTC 2000

hi bind-guru´s,

I´m designing a dns-setup for my company and this raises a few
questions: the setup includes 5 locations connected via ATM.

So I would define one subdomain for each location, each with
a primary and secondary nameserver (to spread the load, better
caching, redundancy, and so on).

The Question is: we´ve segmented the ethernet´s in everey
locations using VLANs. So is it necessary to have a seperate
nameserver in each VLAN or is the DNS-Traffic so low that
I can use the two location nameservers for all the VLAN´s
at the location ???

thanks for your help,
bye,
S-Wiederoder