dns and mail setting

dharris at kcp.com dharris at kcp.com
Fri Jan 28 18:42:30 UTC 2000

Try

mydomain.com.  IN   MX   10   host.mydomain.com.

This works for me.

"Phil" <nedrom at hotmail.com> on 01/28/2000 11:05:29 AM

 To:      comp-protocols-dns-bind at moderators.isc.org

 cc:

 Subject: dns and mail setting

I am triing to set up my DNS server, running RH 6.1 & Bind, so that my mail
server can receive mail at user at mydomain.com but I can only get my mail
server to receive mail at  user at host.mydomain.com.  In the zone file I have
a MX record of  host.mydomain.com.  What do I have to have in my DNS server
for my mail server to receive mail in the user at mydomain.com format.

thanks