bind and sendmail

Brad elite at elitenet.dhs.org
Mon Jan 31 09:13:54 UTC 2000

I have entered an mx record for my domain into the zone file. What I want to
do, is be able to accept mail on
user at mydomain.com and also user at somehost.mydomain.com
the zone file mx records look a bit like this..

weapon                        IN      MX      10 weapon.mydomain.com.
(weapon has an A record)

I have also added this:

host                              IN     CNAME    weapon.mydomain.com.
www.host                     IN     CNAME    weapon.mydomain.com.

now I want to be able to accept mail for the main domain and the
host.mydomain
so I have tried with an MX record like this...
host                               IN    MX            weapon.mydomain.com.

this does not seem to be working. I have added mydomain.com and also
host.mydomain.com to the sendmail.cf file

 Does anyone have any enlightnement for me with this?
 Thanx in adv
Brad