refresh named problem

Johnny Fribert Lauridsen jlaurids at cisco.com
Wed Jul 5 01:50:53 UTC 2000

Itay,
are you sure the named you are using is compatible with the AIX SRC sub-system (System Resource Controller).
Code needs to be specially designed with specific system calls to support the AIX SRC (e.g. refresh, startsrc,
stopsrc).
An alternative is to send it a proper unix signal.  I cannot recall the specific signal to refresh named
on AIX.  I think it is either kill -INT pid or kill -HUP pid.
/Johnny