Root servers screwed

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Jul 5 21:31:15 UTC 2000

On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 04:17:25PM -0500, Adam Maloney wrote:
> Can someone else confirm that b,c,d,h,i,j,k,l, and m.root-servers.net are
> FUBAR?
>
> Adam Maloney
> Systems Administrator
> Sihope Communications

I just tried an 'nslookup' off B.  It had some typical 'nslookup'
problems, but the name server worked just fine.

I don't have time to work my way down the alphabet.  Can I assume that
what you are really saying is that you have tried one 'nslookup' for
each of the above, and they have failed once?  Your above problem
description is one that you would probably give someone an earful for
giving you - no communication at all about what the presenting symptoms
and presumed underlying problem are.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B