Reverse problems

keith at mail.telestream.com keith at mail.telestream.com
Wed Jul 5 22:23:07 UTC 2000

I have two /24's that my upstream is pulling ptr's from us for.
The problem is that one of the /24's will reverse just fine where the
other will not if querying from any ns not associated with verio or
myself. I'm curious if this could be a problem on my end or there
end. Here is all the info. Hope this isn't to general a question.

/24 #1     205.238.16/24
/24 #2     205.238.4/24

My name server  ns.telestream.com
Upstream name servers  c.ns.verio.net   u.ns.verio.net

If I do a reverse lookup on any IP in either /24 they work fine if
querying my server or either of the verio ns servers. If using some other
ns to query the 205.238.16/24, it fails where the 205.238.4/24's
will work just fine.
Any idea's where the problem may be? Thanks for any and all info.
If I've not given enough info let me know.

Keith

Keith W.

At the helm <for better or worse>