slave trouble

david johnson davjohn at attglobal.net
Thu Jul 6 18:49:26 UTC 2000

Ok, I'm having trouble making my slave ns do zone transfers.  I was told
by the named man page that after the slave / master settings are correct
in the named.conf file, the slave would reload the zone when it saw that
the serial number has incremented.  So I also changed the refresh time
to 200 on the master (to see if the transfers were working), made an
alias for one of my servers with cname, and incremented the serial
number.  I expected to see my change take effect, but it's been hours
and the slave database for the domain still has not been updated.  I
would greatly appreciate anything you can offer.  I've been over several
different faqs.  My initial info came from o'reilly's dns/bind book.  Go
figure.