xfer question

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Thu Jul 6 20:33:28 UTC 2000

> The exception is that under BIND 8, if you have child zones on the same
> server as their parent zone, a transfer of the parent zone will bring
> the child zones along with it.  Although this is often useful, I
> believe that it is technically incorrect, and further believe that it
> will be fixed in BIND 9.

	BIND 8 merges the NS rrset from the child zone into the parent
	zone transfer.  It does *not* merge the full zone.  BIND 9 does
	not do any merging.

	That being said the is the following bug that is fixed in BIND 8.2.3.

 990.   [bug]           we could loose track of a bottom of zone cut if the
                        write buffer filled up at just the correct moment.

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com