A.root-servers.net ????

Hoomaan Naimi hoomaannaimi at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 7 09:18:05 UTC 2000

Hi all,
I have a very strange problem. I host several name
servers on "ns.kafsa.com" (194.126.47.129)
All domains work correctly but 2 of them : afranet.com
and ioec.com
When I set the server to ns.kafsa.com and do "nslookup
-q=soa" and inspect these 2 domains, everything seems
correct. But when I set the server to another place
(e.g. ns.sun.com ), I receive this for  afranet.com :
com
        origin = A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
        mail addr = hostmaster.internic.NET
        serial = 2000070600
        refresh = 1800 (30M)
        retry   = 900 (15M)
        expire  = 604800 (1W)
        minimum ttl = 86400 (1D)and
and this for ioec.com
*** No start of authority (SOA) records available for
ioec.com
but everything is OK for nmir.com whose NS is
ns.kafsa.com too.
I really cannot understand what is wrong with our
domains. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Hoomaan Naimi
Afranet Network Administrator