How to setup a default host resolved IP address

John_Chen at acml.com John_Chen at acml.com
Mon Jul 10 16:33:18 UTC 2000

Hi John

It worked.

Thanks for your help.

John

John Narron <zeek at cdsinet.net> on 07/10/2000 12:23:28 PM
To:   John Chen/New York/ACMC at Alliance Capital
cc:   bind-users at isc.org
Subject:  Re: How to setup a default host resolved IP address

I remember reading something about a wildcard you can use like:

*         IN   A    10.10.10.10

Not sure if this is the proper way, or whether its valid at all
;).
If not, someone please correct me and I'll try to figure out who
put
what in my Mt Dew when I was reading that *grin*

  - John

John Narron - jnarron at cdsinet.net        | "If I die tomorrow
Network Administration                   |    I'll be alright
because I believe
CDS/CDSinet, LLC http://www.cdsinet.net  |  That after we're gone
122 N. Lafayette, Marshall, MO  65340    |    The spirit carries
on."
fon: (660) 886 4045 fax: (660) 886 4065  |    - Dream Theater

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000 John_Chen at acml.com wrote:

> Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 12:09:12 -0400
> From: John_Chen at acml.com
> To: bind-users at isc.org
> Subject: How to setup a default host resolved IP address
>

> Hi All
>
> I'd like to configure a default IP address to resolve any
> non-existed host name in my domain.  e.g.
>      test.mydomain.com        10.10.10.10
>      anyhost.mydomain.com          10.10.10.10
>
> test or anyhost are not defined host names in DNS.
>
> How can BIND 8.2.2 do it?
>
> Thanks.

> The information contained in this transmission may contain
> privileged and confidential information and is intended only
> for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the
> intended recipient,  or an employee or agent responsible for
> delivering this message to the intended recipient,  any review,
> dissemination, distribution or duplication of this
communication
> is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
> please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail and
destroy