Glue Record Question

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Tue Jul 11 16:09:51 UTC 2000

On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 03:35:54AM +0000, w2k wrote:
> I have delegated a sub-domain and have included the appropriate glue
> RR in the parent domains zone file.  I have included the same RR in
> the child's' zone file.  Is this correct? Or do I even need the RR in
> the childs zone file?  Nslint is complaining ....
>
> Frederick

You should have essentially the same NS and A records in parent and
child zones, modulo of course base domain name.  About what, exactly,
is 'nslint' complaining?

ISTM that 'nslint' had not been updated for the lastest versions of
BIND.

> To: w2k <w2k at nospam_austin.rr.com>
This kind of thing is strongly deprecated on this mailing list.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B