Incomplete named.stats

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Wed Jul 12 14:14:00 UTC 2000

> I've a problem with the statistic dump for BIND-8.2.1-PL5.
>
> After sending the ILL-Singal to named, named.stats had been created
> successful but it contains only global statisitcs and no IP-based
statistics
> as described in DNS & BIND.
>
> What went wrong with it?

In BIND 8.2 and later, the default is not to keep statistics on
an individual host basis, because of the amount of memory
involved.  If you want host-by-host statistics, use

options {
    host-statistics yes;
};

Also, if you didn't mean that you were running 8.2.2-P5
(there's no 8.2.1-P5), you should upgrade.

cricket