Dumb question - DNS done by me or ISP

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Jul 12 22:14:33 UTC 2000

On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 02:47:25PM -0700, Steven M. Klass wrote:
> So, do I need to create the 127.0.0 file at all?  Is that what you
> mean?  ...

Yes.  Yes, yes, yes.  Leave it alone.  It's fine.  It has nothing to do
with anything else in your question.

>   ..?  Also, why when I type in nslookup on my dns box, do I get the prompt
>
> Default Server: bubba
> Address: 0.0.0.0

Because you don't have a nameserver directive in /etc/resolv.conf
defining 127.0.0.1.  It means the same IN DNS ONLY.  If you want to
"Say What You Mean" [as you always should], fix /etc/resolv.conf.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B