DNS Tracing

Mathias Körber mathias at koerber.org
Wed Jul 12 23:19:54 UTC 2000

I hadonly intended to 'paste' the URL into my mail, but OL2000 turned
that into an attachment :-( So I thought it only attached the URL (for
whatever purpose)...

Anyway, it's at:

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-koerber-dnsind-glue-00.txt

> Also, ISTM that "glueness" is a matter of intent more than anything
> else.  I suppose that a record that defines a name in a delegated
> subdomain is almost surely glue.  But what about a name X.A.B.C.com
> which is defined in C.com, but the delegation to A.B.C.com doesn't
> occur until B.C.com.  ;-}  Did you have some proposal for how to
> reliably detect "glueness"?\

I had a proposal to mark glueness in the zone by using a different
RR from A in the zonefile. It could then be returned (as an A record!)
only in the Additional Section, while records which were defined as A
(if present) would be returned i the Answer Section as before...