scrathin my head..(named is dying)

Mark R. Nathan bind at nathan.net
Mon Jul 17 15:58:09 UTC 2000

On 7/17/00, Ethan King wanted to tell me:
>pings and queries both fail from dns1.nathan.net..  that would be the first
>problem.

Named was working perfectly fine last night.  Now in the morning
something happened and the log file shows me nothing.

there is something very wrong with NAMED.

IN fact, if you check right now 8:50am PAcific time you should find
it functioning perfectly because I just restarted the process

here is the named.conf & the master zone record dns1.nathan.net (but
something is telling me that its not this)

# $NetBSD: named.conf,v 1.3 1999/01/22 01:41:19 mycroft Exp $

# boot file for secondary name server
# Note that there should be one primary entry for each SOA record.

options {
         directory "/etc/namedb";
};

zone "nathan.net" {
         type master;
         file "db.dns1";
};

zone "28.204.209.in-addr.arpa" {
         type master;
         file "db.209.204.28.46";
};

zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" {
         type master;
         notify no;
         file "db.127.0.0";
};

zone "." {
         type hint;
         file "root.cache";
};
#
#
#
# Additional Domains below

zone "miraboo.com" {
         type master;
         file "db.miraboo";
};

zone "miraboogroup.com" {
         type master;
         file "db.miraboogroup";
};

zone "miramat.com" {
         type master;
         file "db.miramat";
};
#
#
#  end

; dns1.nathan.net forward mappings, origin nathan.net

$TTL 86400
nathan.net.             IN SOA   dns1.nathan.net.  root.nathan.net.  (
                         2000041901      ; Serial
                         10800           ; Refresh
                         3600            ; Retry
                         604800          ; Expire
                         86400  )        ; Minimum

                         IN  NS          dns1.nathan.net.
                         IN  A           209.204.28.46
                         IN  MX  10      mailhost.nathan.net.
localhost               IN  A           127.0.0.1
mailhost.nathan.net.    IN  A           209.204.28.46

    Mark R. Nathan                        http://www.miraboomusic.com
    Miraboo Group                   mailto:president at miraboomusic.com
    President                                  mailto:mark at nathan.net