Call to popen() to load in a zone file

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Jul 18 00:42:01 UTC 2000

I suspect this feature may have been stillborn because of the insecurity of
popen(). Why not just set your sights on the BIND 9 codeset, which has a
much more well-defined hook for loading from external databases?
(Admittedly, this hook requires at least a little "C" coding -- at least
enough to make a wrapper for the SQL backend routines -- so it is not quite
as scriptable as the popen() idea...)

- Kevin