slave server

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Tue Jul 18 18:58:50 UTC 2000

    >> We are establishing a slave DNS server for a domain zone
    >> "domain.com" in {
    >>		type slave;
    >>		file "db.domain.com";
    >>		masters {
    >>			202.105.55.13;
    >>		};
    >>	};

    >> 202.105.55.13 is a working DNS server which hosts domain
    >> "domain" but there is no zone file db.domain.com gernerated
    >> when we restart named P.S. There are no error messages in
    >> /var/adm/messages.

Maybe the zone file is being written somewhere else? Is your server
answering authoritatively for the domain? [You should have given us
the real domain name and the address of your server.] Maybe your name
server's syslog or logging{} statement is broken, so the error logs
are going to another file or into the bit-bucket?