1D ?

Jan Beers beers at dialogs.de
Wed Jul 19 11:09:40 UTC 2000

Goodday to all.

I am looking into upgrading bind4 to bind8. I did not previously setup the
bind4 server, so I started with digging in the package.

Now I noticed, that in the bind8 /var/named/127.0.0.zone file, the records are
given with an "1D IN SOA", "1D IN NS", etc, while, on old files, and in the
documents that come with the package, this 1D is not mentioned.
I have searched the download page, the faq, the documents, the mailing list and
several other links, but have until now not found the function of the 1D.

So, my question is: what is the 1D 's function, and would it be possible to
document this somewhere as well, for other people perhaps searching this info.

Thanks in advance.

Jan Beers
Dialogs Software GmbH