RE on RE: 1D ?

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Jul 19 15:32:19 UTC 2000

On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 01:48:16PM +0200, Jan Beers wrote:
> That is exactly what I expected it to be. Just couldn't get any evidence of
> that from the included html help, or from one of the pages.
> Although I wondered about it, other options are set there to make you type
> less, and now the 1D is added.
> Can I go along with the old files, without the 1D? or/and where do I put the
> $TTL directive that was mentioned.

With BIND 8.2 and later [you should start with 8.2.2-P5 and wait on
imminent newer releases], you should have something like:

$TTL		1d

even before your SOA record.  Of course, it can be after your
descriptive header comment.  ;-)

If all of your records have explicit TTLs, this is unnecessary; but you
mentioned something about ease of typing ... ;-)

> At least now a search for 1D in the mailing list brings this up :)

Quite so.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B