DHCP Screwed up Bind settings

Steven M. Klass sklass at andigilog.com
Fri Jul 21 14:12:24 UTC 2000

Hey all,
	Ok, I've had bind up and running pretty smoothly for the last couple of
weeks behind our firewall.  Last night I attempted to shift it into the
primary firewall.  After I got it swapped over, my second nic (the one
connected to the Internet) had to be configured for DHCP.  Well as soon as
I enabled DHCP on my second nic, resolv.conf got swapped with the one they
want me to use (vs. my local machine).  And when any of my local machine
which to connect to my bind it says cannot find server.  I know that DHCP
nicely replaced my resolv.conf file, with one it created. My question is this:

	1.  How can I allow my firewall to register it's nic and configure it's IP
but not screw with anything else?

Steven M. Klass
Physical Design Engineering Manager

Andigilog Inc.