Reverse zone question

William Melanson wjm at gate.net
Mon Jul 24 17:04:53 UTC 2000

Hello,

I've set up my machine at home to be a fully functioning primary name
server. This machine knows everything about itself. It knows all the
forwards and reverses for it's zones with no problems. It knows everything
about itself from all angles. The problem is that the outside world knows
the forward address for this machine but not the reverse. When I do an
nslookup on the machine's IP address I get a Non-existent host/domain
error message. I have registered this machine to be primary as my upstream
provider to function as secondary. The domain is nullstatus.com. Could I
possibly trouble someone for a direction in which to focus my search for an
answer to this mystery. An outright answer is not wholeheartedly necessary
whereas just a pointer will do.

Thanks so much

./bill