Lame Server: Who's making the request?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Jul 25 00:08:36 UTC 2000

Why do you find it surprising that your internal nodes are querying
Internet names?

If all you want to do is track down who is using your server recursively,
you can just turn on query logging. Recursive queries are marked as
"XX+" in the query log (as opposed to just "XX" for iterative queries).

- Kevin