Named hiccups on NetBSD

Mark R. Nathan bind at nathan.net
Tue Jul 25 20:00:34 UTC 2000

On 7/25/00, Joseph S D Yao wanted to tell me:
>On Sat, Jul 22, 2000 at 02:01:04AM -0700, Mark R. Nathan wrote:
>>  today I found Named had a hiccup causing the server to be
>>  non-responsive to telnet, DNS, etc.. until I walked over to the
>>  keyboard connected to the server and whacked the enter key.
>>  Everything woke up all the sudden.  At the time I did this the server
>>  was at the login prompt. The logs have no errors recorded so I am a
>>  bit baffled.
>>
>>  Would/could this be a NAMED issue or a NetBSD error?
>
>Given that this was a single incident, it could even more likely be a
>co-incidence.  Was your server evidencing any other activity at the
>time?

Hi Joe..

Funny thing this was.  It happened somewhere close to when the syslog
restarted..

I *think* it happened a second time few days back.. looked in my logs
and all I found was the log restarting..

interesting problem...

thanks for the feedback

    Mark R. Nathan                        http://www.miraboomusic.com
    Miraboo Group                   mailto:president at miraboomusic.com