Named hiccups on NetBSD

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Tue Jul 25 22:37:33 UTC 2000

On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 03:26:32PM -0700, Mark R. Nathan wrote:
> On 7/25/00, Joseph S D Yao wanted to tell me:
> >
> >Hmmm!  Could it be blocking on syslog() output?  To syslogd ... or to
> >the console?
>
> Hi Joseph..
>
> I guess this is possible.. my only problem would be finding out how
> to correct it if so.
>
> Still semi-new to the Unix field.  Any books I should look at?

This would be a generic BIND problem.  The openlog() call in ns_main.c
tries to include all of the non-blocking options.  I'd have to look at
that again.  See syslog(3), and also a good but brief article in one of
the recent Linux magazines.

Which system are you running, again?

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B