NOTIFY's and Multi-Homed Machines

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Jul 25 22:54:45 UTC 2000

I have a customer who has a multi-homed BIND system that is sending me
NOTIFY's, but they're showing up as coming from a "Non-Master" server.

We're set up to slave from him and that's working properly and
propagating to all my servers, however since the NOTIFY's show up as
from his other IP on his system, my nameserver ignores them.

Without having a copy of his named.conf, is there anyone who knows
whether or not there's a way to tell BIND to send NOTIFY's from a
specific IP address?  Or can I tell my servers to go ahead and do zone
transfers off of NOTIFY's from the incorrect IP?

Thanks in advance, please feel free to CC me, but I also read the
list... I'll just notice it sooner if it's in my inbox.  :)

--
Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --