[Fwd: Slave doesn't transfer two letter country code domains]

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Fri Jul 28 15:05:20 UTC 2000

    Dave> Is there a configuration setting I'm missing with BIND
    Dave> 4.9.6?  I can't seem to get my slave to transfer zones with
    Dave> two letter country code domains.

First of all, BIND4.9.6 is very dead and has serious security holes.
It has been dead for, oh, at least 3 years now. Upgrade to the current
version, 8.2.2P5. [See http://www.isc.org for details.]

Your question is not clear. Are you saying your name server cannot
transfer zones that have two-letter country codes in them? Or are you
saying your name server can't transfer country code top-level domains
(ccTLDs) like .nl and .de? If it's the latter, the chances are that
the administrators for those zones don't allow them to be transferred
for operational reasons. ie So the servers don't get swamped by zone
transfers from the rest of the world. If it's the former, it's either
a BIND bug nobody has ever seen before (unlikely) or else you've
misconfigured your server.