Log messages?!

DanO express at fastdial.net
Wed Jul 5 18:19:46 UTC 2000

RH 6.2 & Bind are configured to run named as a non root user "named". Make
sure you Named.pid file is owned by root. BUT , make sure your /var/named
dir is owned by "named". Once the named process starts thru the startup
script, if you attempt to reload using the NDC Reload comand, you'll get an
error like that. Also, stay away from Linuxconf  in setting up your zones.
The DNS module has a couple quirks that mess up the zone files. I use the
script in /etc/rc.d/init.d to reload and have never had a problem.
DanO