NEWBIE DNS QUESTION

Bill Polhemus bpolhem at swbell.net
Thu Jun 1 03:25:57 UTC 2000

Not really, but when the packets get there, what are they supposed to do?

If you are running, e.g. Linux, you'd be better off (assuming you have an extra IP number lying around that you don't need) to bind
TWO IP numbers to your ethernet card (*nixes will let you do this; I don't think wind-blows will, though), and then point one domain
to one, and the other to the other.

Makes internal configuration a whole lot easier.