NEWBIE DNS QUESTION

Fred Viles fv4 at do.whois.fv4.at.internic
Thu Jun 1 06:43:01 UTC 2000

balahura at email.com (Robert Balahura) wrote in
<NDBBLJLHOEDCNECPOJOAAEEHCKAA.balahura at email.com>:

>I have configured granitecanyon to work with my domain name.  But
>now I am trying to add one more domain name to granitecanyon
>pointing to exactly the same place.  I basically just copied the
>files substituting the new domain name and it doesn't resolve.  Is
>there a problem having two domain names pointing to the same place
>on the same DNS servers?

No, that's no problem.  You didn't mention any useful details (like
the domain names in question), so all I can do is guess that you set
up the new domain in the last few days.  According to the status page
at:

<http://soa.granitecanyon.com/status.shtml>

the name server has not reloaded it's zone files since last Friday.
If you set up a zone since then, it would not be resolving yet even
if you did everything exactly right.

- Fred