ask if everyone can resolve this DNS

Mathias Koerber mathias at staff.singnet.com.sg
Fri Jun 2 08:46:11 UTC 2000

Do you also have an example of a failure?

| here's my db.iloilo.fapenet.org
|
| iloilo.fapenet.org.     IN      SOA     sun1.iloilo.fapenet.org.
| root.iloilo.fa$
|                         12.16           ; Serial
                          ^^^^^

decimal serial numbers are legally Ok, but evil (there is a clarification
RFC to explain their behaviour, but it's very tricky). I suggest
you go with a YYYMMDDuu scheme where uu are
up to 99 updates per day (more than enough).

| and here's my reverse db.202.134.244
|
| 244.134.202.in-addr.arpa.       IN      SOA     sun1.iloilo.fapenet.org.
| root.s$
|                                 12.09           ; Serial

same here

Mathias Koerber	  | Tel: +65 / 471 9820    |   mathias at staff.singnet.com.sg
SingNet NOC	  | Fax: +65 / 475 3273    |            mathias at koerber.org
Q'town Tel. Exch. | PGP: Keyid: 768/25E082BD, finger mathias at singnet.com.sg
2 Stirling Rd     |      1A 8B FC D4 93 F1 9A FC BD 98 A3 1A 0E 73 01 65
S'pore 148943     | Disclaimer: I speak only for myself
* Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft *