how does Bind choose which master to xfer from?

Anthony Golia Anthony.Golia at msdw.com
Fri Jun 2 19:35:35 UTC 2000

Hi.

if I have:

zone "foo.com" {
        type slave;
        file "data/db.foo";
        masters {
                10.1.1.1;
                172.17.1.1;
        };

which master will my secondary do the xfer from?  And does the order I
list the masters matter?  I think I remember (from reading the code)
that it'll do an SOA query to all masters listed and do the xfer from
the one with the least RTT.  Is this true?  If so, is there a way to
control this behviour:  i.e. I want my slave to always do (or try) an
xfer from the first master listed even if its RTT is greater.

As always, any help is appreciated.

--
Anthony