Question

Brian Ventura water at bighead.org
Tue Jun 6 04:14:52 UTC 2000

*.*;mail.none                                   /dev/tty8

The above line tells syslog to send all problems beside mail problems to the
"console" on tty8.  This is why you are seeing the errors on the screen.  These
errors are duplicated in the /var/log/syslog file as well.  The error "lame
server" is a problem with someone elses DNS and not yours.

To remove the lines on the "console" remove the syslog entry.

- water at bighead.org
- World's Greatest Speler
        Do what thou wilt shale be the whole of the Law.