DNS Design

Chris Allen chrisall at callisma.com
Tue Jun 6 12:25:04 UTC 2000

Sorry if these questions are basic for the list, I have been away from DNS /
BIND for awhile and need some reassurance...

I have two questions regarding DNS Design, First I wanted to know if anyone
knew any resources that talk heavily about Large scale DNS Design??
Websites?? Books??

Second I was wondering if anyone knows of any reprocutions of not
registering your Primary name server?  Lets say I have a large Service
Provider network and I have four registered name servers that are all
secondaries???  I use the Primary basically as a management server, it's
functions would include management and zone transfers and that's it.  The
only thing I could think of is the replication time but I am using a third
party software that supports DNS Notify and Incremental Zone transfers??
Anyway I would like to hear what people think about this???

Chris ~ CCNP, CCDA