compaq.com strangeness?

Mathias Koerber mathias at staff.singnet.com.sg
Thu Jun 8 01:04:41 UTC 2000

Seems like NSI lost (or deleted) the compaq.com delegation from
a.root-servers.net. This could be for non-payment of the domain,
or one of NSI's frequent problems with the master databases....

$ dig compaq.com any @a.root-servers.net

; <<>> DiG 2.2 <<>> compaq.com any @a.root-servers.net
; (1 server found)
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd; Ques: 1, Ans: 0, Auth: 1, Addit: 0
;; QUESTIONS:
;;	compaq.com, type = ANY, class = IN

;; AUTHORITY RECORDS:
COM.	86400	SOA	A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. hostmaster.internic.NET. (
			2000060700	; serial
			1800	; refresh (30 mins)
			900	; retry (15 mins)
			604800	; expire (7 days)
			86400 )	; minimum (1 day)

;; Total query time: 257 msec
;; FROM: singapura.singnet.com.sg to SERVER: a.root-servers.net  198.41.0.4
;; WHEN: Thu Jun  8 09:04:29 2000
;; MSG SIZE  sent: 28  rcvd: 105

Mathias Koerber	  | Tel: +65 / 471 9820    |   mathias at staff.singnet.com.sg
SingNet NOC	  | Fax: +65 / 475 3273    |            mathias at koerber.org
Q'town Tel. Exch. | PGP: Keyid: 768/25E082BD, finger mathias at singnet.com.sg
2 Stirling Rd     |      1A 8B FC D4 93 F1 9A FC BD 98 A3 1A 0E 73 01 65
S'pore 148943     | Disclaimer: I speak only for myself
* Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft *