Bind 8.2.x on MAC OS X

stuart nichols stu at stac.state.tx.us
Fri Jun 9 18:12:07 UTC 2000

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Wade Grant wrote:

> I know that this may be sacrilegious to some but has anyone ported
> BIND 8.2.x to MAC OS X(10).  I'd like to get it running and tested
> out.

I'm not running any OS X machines here, but OS X is just
FreeBSD, which is one of the supported platforms.  Apple has
made some tweaks to the kernel, enough so that device drivers
have to be reworked a bit, but I would think bind would
complile without problem.  Let me know if anyone finds out
differently.

stu
The State Technologoy Assessment Center of Texas