also-notify - how long should it take?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Sat Jun 10 01:27:11 UTC 2000

According to the code, the delay is randomly anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds
if you have a reasonable number of zones (less than 125), and in any event
is never more than 15 minutes regardless of how many zones you have. This
also comports with my experience, i.e. typically only a minute or two. What
you are experiencing is *not* normal. Turn up your logging and/or
debugging. My initial suspicion would be some sort of network-related
problem, since dropped NOTIFY packets -- which are unreliable UDP packets
-- could easily explain this behavior.

- Kevin