One server--three websites

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at home.com
Mon Jun 12 16:53:44 UTC 2000

Hi All--
I'm running www.pauahtun.org from na-tzul.pauahtun.org.  The site's
primary and secondary nameservers are provided by aros.net, which is
where na-tzul is co-located.

I want to host two other domains, sasana.org and pillarmag.org, on
na-tzul.  I know how to set up virtual domains in Apache, and in fact
have done that.

Questions:

1)  To get both forward and reverse DNS lookup, do I need to have three
different IP addresses?  If so, can I set things up so that all three
addresses map to the same ethernet card?  I don't want to pay for three
different connections with three NIC cards. ...

2)  I'm running Redhat 6.1, and whatever bind comes with it.  Since
aros.net is handling DNS lookup for pauahtun.org, I don't need (at
least, I don't think I need) to even worry about running a secondary DNS
for pauahtun.org.  Is this true?  Is it smart?

3)  Does my nameserver need to be registered somewhere for network
solutions to allow me to change the (already registerd) domain
sasana.org's nameservers to na-tzul.pauahtun.org?  Right now, trying to
change the primary/secondary nameservers from the web page just gets me
an error claiming that pauahtun.org isn't a valid nameserver.

Thanks in advance,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Axent Technologies, Inc.
http://www.pauahtun.org
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours