link name to ip in bind

Brian Ventura water at bighead.org
Mon Jun 12 19:48:12 UTC 2000

use a CNAME an A record cannot point to a name.  A CNAME may.  Also on the
end of that line, have a trailing period.  otherwise it becomes:

mtfworldwideservers.cjb.net.qldwide.com.

bob.localdomain.com. IN CNAME jim.remotedomain.com.

allows bob in my domain to be the same as jim in another domain.

- water at bighead.org
- World's Greatest Speler