CNAME and OTHER error

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Tue Jun 13 20:04:55 UTC 2000

In article <8i5vgi$bge$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,  <mark_thomas at my-deja.com> wrote:
>Hello, I'm trying to set up DNS at GraniteCanyon for a dynamic IP. It
>gets past nslint, but results in a CNAME and OTHER data error. Am I
>putting too much information here? My zone file looks like this:

This must not be the zone file that you submitted to GC, since it doesn't
have any records with CNAME and other data.  The only CNAME it has is for
www.markthomas.org, and there are no other records for that name.  The zone
file looks fine to me.

You would get that error if you tried to do something like:

markthomas.org.  IN CNAME  markthomas.dyndns.org.

but since you didn't, you shouldn't get the error.

If you want more help, you're going to have to post the zone file that it
complained about.  Also, the error message should say what name has CNAME
and other data.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA