More then one Master Server

Helmut Griehl gri at grinet.de
Tue Jun 13 21:38:54 UTC 2000

Hi Roger,

Lucent does this with their QIP-Product (includes Bind version 4.x or bind 8.x)
But the trick is, that the backup functionality was made by QIP itself not with
a protocol.

A pure bind can not handle the situation with two master servers, as far as I
know. Why do you want this.? This only makes sense, when you want to change your
database dns-entrys during the time when the master is gone. This is normally
not necessary for about 4-8 hours...

Kindest regards
	Helmut