restrict a DNS

Jan Kuemmerle kummerle at iname.com
Wed Jun 14 17:54:15 UTC 2000

Hi,

..the problem is  that some of the local IPs should be able to ask for
"outside IP", and  the rest shouldn't.
If I put it in the options no PC is able to ask for "outside IP".
Example:
IPs form X.X.X.1-10 are allowed to access the web, so they need to have a
full access to the DNS.
IPs from X.X.X.11-254 are blockt by the firewall/router, but not the DNS, so
if one of the PCs is not configutated correctly we will have a dedicated
line, and I'm in trouble at the end of the month ;-)) .
Thanks

    Jan
news:Wld15.41$Hc5.1064 at burlma1-snr2...