Message for Bind-users

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Thu Jun 15 00:29:03 UTC 2000

In article <4.2.2.20000614201503.00cc27c0 at nordic.cisco.com>,
Johnny Fribert Lauridsen  <jlaurids at cisco.com> wrote:
>Barry,
>I am not sure you are getting it.
>In this country (Denmark), companies and people _want_ to use national
>characters.

I appreciate that.  As I mentioned in another post, there are I-D's
regarding extension of DNS to support international character sets, and if
that were done it would certainly be reasonable to remove the underscore
restriction at the same time (that character would hardly be noticeable as
part of this big effort).

But I thought the subject of this thread was just underscore.  I wouldn't
support a movement to change the standard just for that one character; the
cost/benefit ratio just doesn't justify it.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA