Migrating from WINS to DNS.. help please

Brian Ventura water at bighead.org
Thu Jun 15 21:14:21 UTC 2000

WINS is a requirement since nt is not smart enough to use DNS.  It is working
locally due to broadcast packets.   DNS does not have a record type for the nt
created "domain" which is different than the DNS domain.  Dont use LMHOSTS,
just use WINS on one of your NT servers.  Still use DNS to connect to systems
and WINS will take care of the domain stuff.

- water at bighead.org
- World's Greatest Speler