Star Addressing for DNS

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Thu Jun 15 22:27:37 UTC 2000

In article <5DEF109335DAD111B05F00A0C9DDFC023398B2 at ROCHS2>,
Scott.Wiseman <scott.wiseman at realestatenet.com> wrote:
>With mail I can have *@domain.com

What do you mean by this?  What does that do, send the message to everyone
with an account in the domain?  AFAIK, sendmail doesn't support that, but
maybe some other mailers do.

>Can I do this a zone table

Do what?  DNS allows you to create *.domain.com entries, and they'll be
used as a default for any names that don't exist explicitly.  Look up
"wildcard" in the DNS & BIND book.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA