CNAME VS A

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Thu Jun 15 23:44:03 UTC 2000

In article <5DEF109335DAD111B05F00A0C9DDFC023398B8 at ROCHS2>,
Scott.Wiseman <scott.wiseman at realestatenet.com> wrote:
>MAIL.MOVIE.EDU	IN A	123.123.121.121
>bigdah.movie.edu.  IN MX 10 mail.movie.edu.
>CAN YOU DO THIS

Isn't that what I said you can't do?  I didn't bother showing the A record
for mail.movie.edu because it was irrelevant to the point I was making,
which is that bigdah can't have both a CNAME record and an MX record.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA