Cisco Distributed Director

Pete Taylor pete_taylor at ml.com
Fri Jun 16 22:56:09 UTC 2000

The DD only returns a single A record from it's pool of 8 addresses.
BIND doesn't have a chance to do any round-robining.

We've tested this with 8.2.2PL5 as well a 4.9.7 and the results are the
same. Using Werner's fix (removing the equality check from the staleness
check) on an 8.2.2PL5 server fixes the problem that we see. I guess the
question is - should the equality check be there?

I sould also say that all this is happening between clients and servers
that are on our internal network.

Regards,

Pete