MX Record in zone file

Alex Shi chpshi at connection.com
Sat Jun 17 02:59:57 UTC 2000

Helo,

Recently I am adding a eMall feature to my web services. This eMall is
supported by eCongo, a eCommerce company which provides a kind of
eCommerce Engine. With this new feature, merchant can setup online
store with my root domain name. Say my domain is mydomain.com, and
merchant can have a store like <merchant>.mydomain.com. Because their
stores are not hosted at my site but eCongo, so a CNAME are required to
be added into my DNS zone file. And more, for the merchant can receive
email with the store's name, something like
info@<merchant>.mydomain.com, MX records must be added to my DNS zone
file.

The CNAME record is as below:
*.mydomain.com IN CNAME vs.c1.ecooem.com

and the MX records as:
@ MX 10 entms002.econgo.com
@ MX 20 entms001.econgo.com

For the CNAME, my hosting provider does not allow wildcard, so I have
to have the CNAME record setup spesific for each store. Anyway this can
be a solution.

For the MX records, I am not vey sure if there will be any problem with
my email address. The MX records are used for merchants' email address
redirection, say all the email with address like
@<whatevermerchant>.mydomain.com will be forwarded to eCongo. But how
about my own email? I myself have some emails like xxxx at mydomain.com,
will they be also forwarded to eCongo? I totally know nothing about MX
syntax. So I like to know any solution that can hold my email and
forward the merchants' email.

Do please give some help on this issue. Thanks for your time.

Regards

Alex

--
Please visit http://www.stonix.com