strange nslookup dns problem....

Henry Su bwc2000 at midwest.net
Sat Jun 17 03:21:41 UTC 2000

thanx for that pointer.... i looked at a real world exapmle in that howto
and sure enough, there was an entry as such:

zzzbogus.com.     a     192.168.0.1

after adding that, i can resolve the domain with nslookup, however, the
response given back to me was NON-authoritative, why is that?  i mean, if my
zone file is the only one that knows about this bogus domain, shouldn't it
give me an authoritative answer?

appreciate any help.

henry

news:cUy25.120$4p1.2071 at burlma1-snr2...